Bronze Erotica Plaque by Max Lacher
A mid-20th century bronze wall plaque or tray by Max Lacher. Artist signed. Retains paper labels. Measures H 6.25 in. x W 5.13 in. x D .38 in. Wear to patina.
Max Lacher first studies at the Munich School of Applied Arts, then at the Art Academy with Julius Diez. 1926 followed by a study visit to Paris, after which he worked as a portrait painter for several years in Hanover and Berlin. In 1931, the artist is awarded the Dürer Prize of the City of Nuremberg, but he has to make a living as a commercial artist and window decorator. With a monumental mural, which orders the Reichspost 1935 with him, Lacher has also commercially first success. This brings with it additional orders: murals, frescoes, mosaics and glass windows offer him the opportunity to demonstrate his technical versatility. The offer for teaching at the Cologne Werkkunstschule failed in 1937 due to his refusal to become a party member of the NSDAP. The years after the Second World War are marked by the reconstruction of his studio, which was completely destroyed by fire in 1943. As a freelance graphic artist and painter, he works mainly on monumental contracts, in addition to create reverse glass paintings, stone inlays and ceramics. He regularly takes part in the Great Munich Art Exhibition. From the late 1950s, large-format prints were also produced. Until his death in 1986, Lacher repeatedly exhibited in Munich and worked in the direction of the Munich Secession and the exhibition management in the Haus der Kunst.
Source: Ketterer Kunst.